Friend Of the Month Story
Bare Nutrition wants to share with you some of the people who use our products. Our friends are health conscience active individuals who strive for balance in fitness, nutrition and life.
- Age: 27
- City you grew up in: Indiana, PA
- Current Home: Littleton, CO
- Occupation: Fitness Manager
- Family: Husband (Chad) & baby on the way
- Interest: I love enjoying all that the Colorado Rocky Mountains have to offer. Hiking, biking, running, camping, just to name a few.
- Accomplishments/Fun Facts: I am officially a ‘triathlete’, having completed my first sprint and olympic distance triathlons recently. I also teach 5 group fitness classes/week that include Zumba, Cycling, Kickboxing, and Pilates.
- Favorite Event/Fitness Discipline: My favorite class to teach would definitely be Zumba. It’s basically a party & a workout, all in one! Of the 3 triathlon disciplines, my favorite is the bike. The amount of miles you can cover in a short period of time is cool and keeps me going.
- Currently Training for: Right now, I have to take it a bit easier because of my pregnancy, but my current training goals are for an easy delivery, healthy baby and quick recovery, then losing all my post-baby weight of course!
- “Must do” Fitness Routine: Even with my busy teaching schedule, I do Yoga at least once a week and love it. Not only is it ‘me’ time, but it helps with stretching, muscle soreness, strength and relaxation. I’ve learned to enjoy Hot Yoga which takes things just a bit further.
- Workout “must have”: I’m a big sweat-er, so a towel in class is necessary and a hat while running/biking is required.
- Typical Pre-Race/Training/Workout Breakfast: I love toast with peanut butter. It’s a perfect balance of protein and carbs and gives me plenty of energy!
- Guilty post-workout/race pleasure: Anything sweet, chocolate, smoothie, etc…
- Favorite fruit smoothie flavor: Any berry flavor is my favorite.
- Favorite Healthy Go-to Snack: Apple with peanut butter, or carrot sticks with hummus
Lexi’s Top Health Tip:
Fit at least 30 minutes of exercise into every day, no matter what. Three 10 minute walks with your dogs, 30 minutes of Yoga, a fitness class, jog, bike ride, hike, etc. If you stay consistent and create a routine, it’s easy to stick with it!